Monday, November 19, 2012

Grandma Peterson's Dressing/Stuffing



Grandma's Dressing (she liked to call it dressing instead of stuffing because she never put it inside the turkey. I do it that way also, but you certainly can stuff the bird.)

Brown and crumble 1 lb. bulk pork sausage. (I use Jimmy Dean.)
Add enough butter to sausage fat to make one cup. (That sounds gross I know. Luckily the Jimmy Dean doesn't make a ton of fat.)
Add 3/4 cup chopped onion and 1 1/2 cups chopped celery.
Cook and stir until onion is tender.
Stir in about three cups bread cubes.
Turn into a deep bowl.
Add six or seven more cups of bread cubes, 2 tsp. salt (be careful with this - it seems other stuff can make it salty. I do it to taste.) 1 tsp. poultry seasoning, 1/2 tsp. pepper and toss.
Sprinkle over it 1 cup of chicken broth.
You can add more or less broth to make it moister, more or less seasoning to make it tastier. I usually do more onion because I like that.

Cook at 350* till heated throughout

No comments:

Post a Comment